Sunday, September 11, 2011

Three Times

The Disney Blog posted a very interesting article today about 9/11 and some cast members stories of that day in the park. As I read thru the article I began to wonder about the actual days that Disneyland has closed its doors. When I looked it up on the internet I found that there have only been three days with no visitor since the day it opened on July 18, 1955.

*The assassination of John F. Kennedy November 22, 1963


* The Northridge Earthquake, January 17, 1994
ShakeMap for the 1994 Northridge Earthquake


*  9/11, September 11, 2001
This picture was taken by Disneyland Nomenclature blog on 9/11. Click on the link to read the full article about their 9/11 story.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hey, I'm a new follower and a fellow Disney lover/blogger!