Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Space Mountain

A Few Facts:
~Space Mountain opened today in the year 1977.  
~It took nearly two years to construct.
~The ride was built 17 feet into the ground because of building codes in Anaheim.
photo from coasternet.com
I also found this online
"Right when you go in the door on the light blue walls - If you put pennies on the wall they will stick. I don't know why. Also, in the room with the TVs one the black walls, they stick too." 

I tried to find a picture to share with everyone but couldn't so I'm not sure if it's true. If anyone is taking a trip to Disneyland and can prove this take a picture and send it to me. I would love to know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are going in 10 days... I will have to check this out.... Love your blog! So fun... When is your next trip planned?