Thursday, June 2, 2011

First Roller Coaster

It's Blog Hop Day!
This weeks topic is Disney Firsts. I've decided to share my sons firsts on the roller coasters in the park. We were so excited when our son was tall enough to go on Big Thunder Mountain. We even had to take this picture of him reaching the height requirement. He was only three, he loved it!
Big Thunder Mountain was designed by Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter and was built on the site which use to be Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.  You can still see some of the remains of the mining ride. To the left of Big Thunder Mountain the pond with the fish jumping and then the mining tunnel are still there.
Don't for get to hop on over to the other Great Disney Blogs!  Just click on the button below!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember the first time I rode a roller coaster. I told my Dad I wanted to go on Space Mountain, but what I thought was "Space Mountain" was actually the Astro-Orbiter. Boy was I surprised...

Mrs. Mommy MouseEars said...

What a great first coaster!! Love it :)

Deb @ Focused on the Magic said...

That's a great first! He looks so proud to be tall enough to go on it:)

Deb~Focused on the Magic

Big Thunder Mountain said...

First Ride really great he must be much proud after that!!
Awesome one!!