Monday, March 21, 2011

Monorail

The Monorail is another ride at Disneyland with a little secret. Sometimes you are allowed to sit up front with the driver. I know this because on one of our previous trips to Disneyland we were asked if we wanted to sit up front! At the time I didn't even realize you could sit up there and the Disneyland cast member explained to me that its not mentioned because people tend to fight over it! Go Figure!
On the day we visited the park we were lucky enough to be offered the special seat. I have also heard that you are not always able to sit up in the front. I have read that people have asked and were told no. I guess it just depends on who you ask but its worth a shot!
UPDATE: My friend Lisa spoke with a monorail operator and found out why you aren't always allowed to sit in the front seat. She said "if there is an emergency and the monorail had to stop they cant open the door and there are no windows. If there was a lack of power they would not be able to keep it ventilated well enough. They driver told me to that when the temperature gets up to a certain point they stop allowing people up there."(3-23-11)

3 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

I actually happen to know why sometimes people are not allowed to sit up there...if there is an emergency and the monorail had to stop they cant open the door and there are no windows. If there was a lack of power they would not be able to keep it ventilated well enough. They driver told me to that when the temperature gets up to a certain point they stop allowing people up there.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa, I didn't know that! You better watch out or you are going to have to start helping me post on this blog! You know as much as I do about Disneyland! :)

Lisa Henderson said...

No way! I'm learning a ton! I LOVE this blog :)